Company Name Change
Change in Name of Company
Changing company names amounts to a significant alteration since Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association need to be altered. As per Section 13 of the Companies Act 2013, a company may change its name by passing a special resolution in general meeting and receiving approval from the Central Government.
The step-by-step process of changing name of a private limited company is outlined below:
- Passing board resolutionWhen partners are mutually agreed.
- Checking name availability.
- Passing Special Resolution.
- Applying to Registrar.
- Issuance of certificate of incorporation.
- Incorporating company name in MoA and AoA.
- Board Resolution for changing name of the company.
- Certified copy of Special Resolution.
- Notice of EGM.
- Explanatory statement to EGM.
- Altered Memorandum of Association.
- Altered Articles of Association.