Why Form 15CA/15CB is required?
A person making the remittance (a payment) to a Non Resident or a Foreign Company has to submit the form 15CA. This form is submitted online. In some cases, a Certificate from Chartered Accountant in form 15CB is required after uploading the form 15CA online.
Applicability - Section 195 of Income tax act, 1961
Sec 195 mandates the deduction of Income tax from payments made to Non Resident. The person making the remittance to non – resident needs to furnish an undertaking (in form 15CA) accompanied by a Chartered Accountants Certificate in Form 15CB.
Information to be required
Details Of Remitter
- Name of the remitter
- Address of the remitter
- Pan of the remitter
- Principal place of business of the remitter
- E-mail address and phone no. Of remitter
- Status of the remitter (firm/company/other).
Details Of The Remittee
- Name and status of the remittee
- Address of the remittee
- Country of the remittee (country to which remittance is made)
- Principal place of the business of the remittee.
Details Of Remittance
- Country to which remittance is made.
- Currency in which remittance is made
- Amount of remittance in indian currency
- Proposed date of remittance.
- Father’s name of the signing person.
- Designation of the signing person.
Documentary evidence required as under:
- Form 10f duly filled by the authorised person of the remittee.
- Tax residency certificate from the remittee (tax registration of the country in which remittee is registered).
- Certificate that the remittee does not have any permanent establishment in india. This is mandatory if the income is a business income and not chargeable to tax as per dtaa if there is no p.e in india.